In this article, we will discuss the best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat you can buy on Amazon. Everyone wishes to make his or her home a dream place where he or she can live in peace. For that, a well-maintained indoor temperature plays a vital role.
You neither want it to be hot when the sun shines scorching-bright outside nor would you like it to be too cold when it’s freezing outdoors. For that, you need something to make your life easy, and that’s where thermostats come to the rescue.
You would pretty much second my statement when I say that nothing is as annoying as hot weather, right? When the temperature goes suddenly up, you need to do something immediately. Therefore, you need a thermostat for your heat pumps, which is more of an emergency device, rather than a usual home appliance.
Also Read: Top 4 Best Night Lights for Kids
What is a Thermostat, and Why do you need it for Heat pumps with Auxiliary Heat?
Maintaining the right temperature is of the biggest concern for those who live in the countries that experience both hot and cold weather. And, it becomes even more worrisome when the climate takes sudden shifts as it happens in some Upper Midwest parts of the USA.
Not a single person in the world likes to bear hot weather, and it’s imperative to beat the heat to live a happy life. When you live at a place where the climate is unpredictable, and it becomes unbearable for you to tolerate the weather, you need a thermostat for your heat pump having aux heat.
Since it’s an essential appliance, it should be of superior quality, and you need guidance as to which one you should buy. To simplify this task, I have listed down some of the best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat.
List of best Thermostats for Heat Pumps with Auxiliary Heat
- Emerson Sensi Wifi Thermostat
- Nest Smart 3rd Gen Thermostat
- Honeywell Programmable Thermostat
- Ecobee Lite Smart Thermostat
Emerson Sensi Wifi Thermostat
When you go for shopping a thermostat, you will find some inexpensive yet intriguing products. But, I have come across the best thermostat for heat pump with aux heat, and it is the Emerson Sensi WIFI thermostat.
As the name indicates, it is the Wifi thermostat for heat pumps with auxiliary heat. This means it is compatible with aligning with your wifi. It detects the temperature via the Internet and automatically turns your heating system on and off to keep the warmth in control. That’s one of the most convenient features I came across, and it suited me well as I was able to access it via my smartphone lying lazily on my sofa.
The biggest concern for me while installing a thermostat was the energy-saving and alerts in case of emergencies. I fear electronic hazards the most, and that’s what Emerson Sensi Wifi is mastered detecting at. Due to its remote access, geofencing, and flexible scheduling, I got to save up to 23% of HVAC energy. Moreover, the smart alert feature helped me in detecting extreme humidity and hot temperature.
- EDITORS CHOICE BEST OVERALL SMART THERMOSTAT by USA Today’s reviewed.com
- SAVE ABOUT 23% ON HVAC ENERGY: By adjusting the temperature using flexible scheduling, remote access, and geofencing, Sensi customers saved about 23% on HVAC energy usage
- SMART HOME COMPATIBLE: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and Samsung SmartThings smart home platforms.
- MOST INSTALL IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS: Use the built-in level, illuminated easy-click terminals and step-by-step app instructions for a quick installation. Skip any extra work painting or patching the wall thanks to the standard thermostat size.
- USAGE REPORTS: Monitor current day and historical heating, cooling and fan runtimes right in the app.
- Its smart touchscreen display doesn’t hold itself for more than 15 seconds, which helps to save energy.
- Quite budget-friendly.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Connects to Wi-Fi; therefore, it allows remote access.
- Holds pre-programming schedules for your day-to-day temperature.
- Smart technology can be connected to Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, Wink, and other innovative technologies for voice assistance.
- The pre-programming feature maintains a temperature when there is no Wi-Fi.
- Geofencing is an alternative to scheduling early in the Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi thermostat.
- Simple and easy to understand its usage reports that can be generated daily.
- Doesn’t show outside weather on its screen.
- Humidity support is only for that particular area where it is located.
- Lacks automation in temperature control.
Also Read: 5 Best Interconnected Smoke Detectors
Nest Smart 3rd Gen Thermostat
You always want to keep your home a safe and sound place for your loved ones to stay. I use Nest Thermostat for heat pump auxiliary heat for making my house a smart home.
This product seems like heaven to me because of its outrageous features. I came across this product while searching for the best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat when I needed to buy one. It has fantastic reviews, and users love it because it lets them do nothing.
One of its amazing features that I find very comfortable is its display. I can see the temperature and heat controls from across the room. Moreover, this best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat perfectly suits homely needs because of its energy-efficient features. It also saves up to 10-15% annual money.
The reviewers say that they mostly use it with Alexa, and it is just fine for their smart home needs. Also, it is only a few manual alterations away from learning your habits and commencing it in your way. I was amazed to know that it starts working itself after one week of reading the user’s patterns and settings s/he uses.
What is more, it didn’t just help out by setting everything on its own, but it also lets another of your family members to operate it, once you make an account. Yeah, it supports multiple users, and it solved the worry of whose preferences will be followed at home.
- Auto-Schedule: Just turn it up and down. It learns the temperatures you like and creates a schedule for you.
- Energy History: Check your phone to see how much energy you used and why.
- Home/Away Assist: It automatically adjusts the temperature after you leave. So you don’t heat or cool an empty home.
- Remote Control: Change the temperature from anywhere using your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When the Nest Learning Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy saving is the greatest quality.
- Great weather control due to dozens of sensors inside.
- Geofencing and automatic shutoff features make it even more energy efficient.
- It allows multiple users to program the settings (something rarely found in other devices).
- Personal meteorologist doesn’t predict but observes the weather outside and sets the indoor temperature accordingly.
- The one-time investment would be heavy on your pockets, as it isn’t a cheap product.
- Installation may be a headache as the system needs a C-wire.
- No external sensors are there to monitor your movement or temperature of another room.
- The 3-degree temperature swing isn’t for those who need precise control.
Also Read: Best Shark Vacuum for Pets in 2020
Honeywell Programmable Thermostat
Keeping control of your home temperature is quite hectic when you are a busy person. And you get relief if it is on your fingertips. While roaming around the market, I just came across this super amazing product among the best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat.
The product identifies itself as the Honeywell programmable thermostat. It is considered one of the best thermostats for heat pumps with auxiliary heat. So I tried it at a shop and it comfortable due to its easy-to-access formula. It learns the energy usage habit of the user pretty quickly and works accordingly on its own in a short period. Another intriguing thing I found about it is the catchy display that made it easy for me to scan it even from a distance.
- Compatible with: Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, Google Home, IFTTT
- Auto-updates for daylight savings; adjusts for 12/24-hour and multi-language needs
- Customizable touchscreen in full Color with easy to read numbers and text, view your local weather including indoor and outdoor relative humidity levels
- Flexible programming options available based your home or small business schedule, or based on your utilitys peak rate pricing through their demand response programs
- Receive intelligent alerts like air filter change reminders, humidifier pad replacement reminders, high/low temperature warnings, and status of internet connection
- No extra wiring needed for connection and has a modern structure to be installed.
- Green backlit display makes it easy to read in every situation.
- Smart technology responds quickly when you want hot or cold temperatures.
- The “filter change” feature is used to protect the inner air quality.
- All the programmable features and settings can be seen on the screen.
- Automatically sets itself from heat to cool.
- An additional clock feature saves daylight time.
- Only a one-year warranty.
- You can’t do Wi-Fi programming and monitoring.
Ecobee Lite Smart Thermostat
I often look for multipurpose products, so I don’t have to do much in terms of my home needs. So, scrolling down so many featured products, I came across this ultra-modern product by Ecobee.
It has quite smart and extraordinary features. I liked it for its easy installation and innovative technology. It’s super easy to install it as you just need a helping hand to do it. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about turning it off when you go out of home, as it has an automatic feature that switches it off when no one is around.
- Comfort that stays with you: With occupancy detection, SmartSensor can prioritize the rooms you’re actually using for optimal comfort.
- Amplify the power of you voice with Alexa Built-in. Consider your life handled with Alexa Built-in. Just ask for the weather, music, Alexa Calling, and more.
- Engineered for enhanced energy savings. By reducing wasted energy in your home, you could save up to 23% annually on your heating or cooling costs. * *Compared to a hold of 72°F
- Control at your convenience Control your ecobee with your voice or through the app, so comfort and convenience lives at your pace.
- Easily install it yourself Fast, easy installation you can do yourself. Use our handy step-by-step guide on the ecobee app.
- Capable of working with remote sensors.
- Compatible with Amazon Echo, Samsung Smartthings, Apple HomeKit, and others.
- Amazing input calculation from up to 32 remote sensors.
- Has its reliable power source via its power extension kit.
- Despite its easy installation, it may get complicated if your system lacks a C-wire.
- If there isn’t any movement, the occupancy sensors may not work.
- Capable of reading movement of only one Smartphone.
Also Read: Best Smart Light Switches for Alexa
Okay, so the question remains there as to which thermostat for heat pumps is the best? Well, there are different qualities of each one of the abovementioned products.
However, all of them are smart and innovative. But, if your primary concern is energy efficiency, then Emerson and Nest should be your choice. However, keep in mind that the Nest isn’t cheap! Moreover, if the installation is a big task for you and you need an easy-to-install thermostat, then you should go for Ecobee and Honeywell.
The great thing about all four of them is they have a fantastic automatic on and off feature and temperature control. However, despite being the best among all, Emerson slightly lacks automation in temperature control. But, it’s the best because of its price-friendly and other smart features.
FAQs (Frequency Asked Questions)
- Are programmable, smart, and Wifi thermostats the same thing?
Well, no, they are all different from each other. You can program a programmable thermostat according to your schedule. However, you may call wifi and programmable thermostat the same thing, as the only difference is that the former uses an Internet connection of your home, and you can change the program via your mobile phone. On the other hand, the smart thermostat is a different thing that reads your schedule and automatically programs itself accordingly.
- How can I install a thermostat for my two-story home? Will it work for both of the portions?
This is the most frequently asked question! The answer to this question is no. You will need a different thermostat for the second level.